Monday, October 1, 2012

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Happy October everyone!

It’s beginning to feel like Fall out here, which makes me very happy. The leaves have begun to change a little bit and it’s getting chillier. I think that it should always be Fall. It is by far the best season of all. J

Life has been rather exciting since I last updated. Last weekend Hannah and I got the opportunity to drive down to Virginia and see President Obama speak live! We left Thursday night after work and drove down. We got to drive through DC, which was really cool, and we saw the Washington Monument and the Capitol. The President spoke on Friday at a minor league ball park in Virginia. It was a great speech, and just such a cool opportunity. It was all very surreal. What is my life?

The drive back was really pretty. The leaves along the highway were just starting to turn kind of dusty, with some hints of yellow and red. Get out your sweaters and bake something pumpkin, it’s officially Fall folks!

This weekend was a little quieter, which was a nice break.  Everyone needs a good lazy weekend every now and then. On Sunday we went to Mass at Fairfield University, where Father Mark (our Jesuit connection in the area) was taking his final vows as a Jesuit. It was a lovely service and afterwards there was a reception, complete with cookies baked by his mom. Yum!

I suppose that’s about it. We’re looking forward to a trip into New York City next weekend for a Peace Walk through Central Park (which I am personally stoked about). This Friday we have a short retreat in Hartford with the JV’s from Hartford and Pat, our area program coordinator. Next week Pat will be spending the week at our house, accompanying us to our work cites, joining us for community and spirituality nights and checking in with us to find out how we are adjusting into life as a JV so far. So those are some exciting things we’ve got coming up. We will also be participating in “Original October”, where you do something you’ve never done before every day for the whole month. It should be a grand adventure! I haven’t decided what my first original thing is going to be yet, but the day is still young! I’ll let you all know some of the cooler things that I/we do this month.

I hope everyone is doing well. Remember, I love getting letters and emails! Phone calls and texts are great too! Keep me updated on your lives. J

I miss everyone! I love you all so much and I am praying for all of you.

Enjoy the best month of all the months!

God bless,

Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment